Data Security Downloading
Straits do not represent or warrant that the Website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will not be interrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system.
You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the website.
Hyperlinks from Straits website to Third Party Websites
Straits is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to the Website. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties who are not affiliated with or in any way related to Straits Financial. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user’s own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
By providing hyperlinks to a third party website or webpage, Straits shall not be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce any third parties or the services/products they provide on their websites, or to have any form of cooperation with such third parties and websites unless otherwise stated by Straits and/or its member companies.
We are not in any way responsible for the content of any third party website or webpage. Straits is not a party/parties to any contractual arrangements entered into between you and the provider of the third party website unless otherwise expressly specified or agreed to by Straits.
Any links to websites that contain downloadable software are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for any difficulties you may encounter in downloading the software or for any consequences from your doing so. Please remember that the use of any software downloaded from the Internet maybe governed by a licence agreement and your failure to observe the terms of such licence agreement may result in an infringement of intellectual property rights of the relevant software provider, which we are not in any way responsible.
Hyperlinks from Third Party Websites to Straits Websites
You must always obtain the prior written approval of Straits before creating a hyperlink in any form from a third party website to Straits website or webpage. Straits may or may not give such approval at its absolute discretion.
Potential Limitations of Electronic Trading
Whilst Electronic Trading provides convenient trading facilities 24 hours a day, trading through an electronic trading or order routing system exposes you to risks associated with system or component failure, such as:
Possibility of delays in order transmission and confirmation of order execution;
Not being able to withdraw any orders in time. Entering of new orders, executing of existing orders, or modifications or cancellation of orders that were previously entered were unable to be carried out for a certain time period; Loss of orders or order priority.
Kindly note that our endeavour to provide support service is dependent on market’s availability and accessibility.
Online Security Tips
- NEVER reveal your password to anyone. Be suspicious of any person/ email asking you to provide sensitive trading account information.
- If you receive such request from anyone/ emails, do take extra precaution to verify that the source is known to be genuine. Do not reply to the person or the email or click on any hyperlink to verify your information and details.
- Do NOT allow anyone (without exception) to use your User ID and Password, as you are responsible for all transactions undertaken with your User ID and Password.
- Act quickly and contact us if you think that your account has been compromised.
- Do NOT open email attachments from strangers.
- Delete spam and junk emails.
- Passwords should be at least 8 alphanumeric characters.
- Do NOT use obvious passwords, such as your User ID, initials, family names, company name, your date of birth, IC number, telephone number or other numbers / letters that could be guessed easily.
- Do NOT use passwords from your other registered Internet sites.
- Do NOT disclose your password to anyone, including Straits staff members.
- Do NOT write down or record the password without first disguising it.
- Do change your password regularly, e.g. within 90 days. In addition, the new password should NOT be the same from the previous passwords.
- Always remember to log off from the electronic trading platform when you have completed your trading activities for the day or whenever you are leaving your workstation unattended.
- Do NOT select the browser option for storing or retaining username and password.
- Check the authenticity of the electronic trading website by comparing the URL with its digital certificate.
- Ensure the website changes from http:// to https:// for an encrypted session.
- Check your trading account balance and transactions frequently and report any discrepancy.
- Ensure your computer is protected with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and have the latest updates.
- Do NOT use public, internet café or computers, which cannot be trusted to access/perform online transactions.
- Make regular backup of critical data.
- Consider the use of encryption technology to protect highly sensitive data.
- Do NOT install junk software or run programs of unknown origin.
- Do NOT use a computer or device which cannot be trusted.
Please note that the above mentioned list is not exhaustive and you must be aware of the risk involved in Electronic Trading. Straits cannot be responsible for the transactions you carry out or for any loss you may suffer as a result of you using the electronic trading platforms. Report to us immediately on any actual or suspected misuse of your password/ trading account and ensure that such a password is changed without any hesitation or delay.
If you have received an email requesting that you click on a hyperlink to verify your information and details, do NOT respond.
Please note that under no circumstances will Straits ever send you an email asking for your personal information. You should not respond to such email or reveal your PIN to anyone.
Should you receive further suspicious emails or suspect that there has been any unauthorized breach of your trading account or that an online transaction has taken place that you did not initiate, you should notify us immediately.
As information submitted via email is not encrypted during transmission, it is important that you do not give your trading account and/or credit card details.
If you encounter any suspicious email, passing off as an email from Straits, please notify us immediately.
At Straits, we are committed to providing you with responsive customer service. When we receive any customer feedbacks, our priority is to attend to it as expeditiously as possible.
Should you have any queries and/or feedbacks, please contact us:
SINGAPORE (HEADQUARTERS): +65 6672 9669
UNITED STATES: +1312 462 4499
CHINA: +86 21 6168 1931